Throughout the years URL Toy Software was in vogue.
All The Updates For Advanced Flash Synchronizer And Advanced Smartcheck
- December 10, 2017
- Posted by: URL Toy Software
- Category: Software
Advanced Flash Synchronizer and Advanced SmartCheck were two of their products that had lots of updates. Obviously, these were the two products that solved some of the burning computing problems at that time.
- Hard drive failure was a serious issue in the early 2000s and led to the loss of important data. Computer users yearned to have a way of monitoring the health of their hard drives to determine when to make important decisions to protect their data. Advanced SmartCheck was able to deal with this problem – and it is not a surprise that it received much attention from the public and the developers.
- Advanced SmartCheck v1.0 was the first official release. This was quickly followed by v1.1, v1.2, and v1.3 where majorly command related bugs were fixed. The first big update was the v1.4. In this update, major changes were made to the Advanced SmartCheck Administrator’s workplace and Advanced SmartCheck Tray Client.
- V1.5 was an improvement of the v1.4 updates. The major break here was the inclusion of an inbuilt web server to enable you to access ASC in any browser. It also had an improved T.E.C. calculation speed. As the size of hard drive got bigger, there was a need for v1.6 to correct the determination of drives larger than 120 GB.
- In v2.0, Windows ME, 95, and 98 supports were dropped. V2.1 was a follow-up to v.20 with major bug fixes. The next version 3.0 got a new FireBird SQL database. It also had major bug fixes and a few tweaks to the S.M.A.R.T attribute. The last update that Advanced SmartCheck got was v4.0.
- V1.0 was also the first official release for Advanced Flash Synchronizer. It was followed months later with the v1.1 which had major bug fixes especially those pertaining to space. The next major update was the v1.2 which blocks the removal of USB Flash drive once Advance Flash Synchronizer has been initiated. The v1.7 was the last major update for Advanced Flash Synchronizer.
- Although some of the URL Toy Software product retains their relevance to this present day, the development of Windows made the developers to end the project.